Le Metissage di Diala Kante is the name of my goldsmith workshop in Milan, which I opened in 2013.
I was born in Dakar, Senegal, in 1983. First of 7 children I spent my childhood in the open air running and playing football on the endless African beaches. At 7, during school breaks, I started attending my grandfather’s goldsmith workshop and that’s where my love for jewelry started. At the age of 17, after finishing my studies, I started working as an apprentice in the “Village Artisanal” workshop in Dakar and within a decade I opened my own space.
In 2010 I met my wife, in Senegal for a humanitarian mission, and I decided to follow her to Italy to build a life together. I specialized in Valenza and today I have a family and a beautiful shop-laboratory in Milan. I work on my own giving an ethnic touch to all my jewels and combining the European taste with the style of my country of origin. From here, and from the mixing of cultures and colors that is my family, comes the name of my business: “Le Metissage”.
I collaborate with shops and companies both by offering them my jewels, and by working on new models proposed by customers.
In my shop-laboratory in Milan, I offer the following services:
- gold, silver, brass and bronze jewelery (own and customized collections)
- wedding rings also on design, both in precious metals, both in silver, brass and bronze (HERE)
- courses for spouses who want to make their own wedding rings on their own (even on weekends) and the possibility of giving new life to the “family gold” of the couple, that’s to say to the gold they have and can take to give a new life to wedding rings (HERE)
- goldsmithing courses at all levels according to individual needs
- engravings of all kinds: sentences, letters, initials, etc.
COME TO VISIT US, WE ARE IN MILAN, IN VIA LIPPI 3 (MM2 PIOLA)!